As Solution Architect Keith Winhall points out, it’s not just personal resolutions that are important. Use the start of a New Year for an overhaul of your tech habits, and you will be on the way to a better tech-life balance in 2020. Here are Grapevine Connect’s top tips:
- Work smarter, not harder. Use technology to your advantage and become more productive.
- Define your boundaries. In a world where we are always expected to be available, use appropriate business system software and mobile apps to control who can contact you, where and when.
- Increase your flexibility. If your daily commute is getting you down, why not work from home? With the right phone system you can be contacted just as easily as if you were in the office.
- Do your bit for the planet. Do you really need to drive to the office everyday, or make a 4 hour round trip for a half hour meeting? With web conferencing you can still be ‘face-to-face’ whilst reducing your carbon ‘travel’ footprint.
- Don’t let poor internet speeds hold you back. There is no need to have poor connectivity, regardless of whether you are in the city or in the sticks. Look at alternative options to traditional broadband for getting online faster.